baa baa black sheep

3.05.2008

Loot

Before it gets toooo far past my birthday, I have to tell you about two gifts I got this year that were especially hilarious/awesome.

My sister-in-law sent me coasters. But get this: they are coasters she designed on Snapfish, using PHOTOS OF MY PETS taken from my Flickr. So I have these beautiful little shiny coasters with pictures of the dogs and cats on them. I love love love them, and refuse to use them. I cannot sully their awesome shininess with a wet cup. Instead, I am going to think of a fun way to display them, because they're quite pretty. AND AWESOME. I thought that was such a funny and thoughtful thing to do, and had to share it with you.

Next: back when J and I first met, we had a long conversation about the television show The Young Riders, which I watched religiously every evening when I was around 11 or 12. It had cute boys AND horses, AND a girl who sassily dressed as a boy to be a Pony Express rider. I LOVED that show, so much. No one else seemed to remember it, and my conversation with J was full of me being excited that he even remembered it. It was probably the first or second conversation we ever had, and it was delightful. We haven't discussed the show since then. A few days before my birthday I randomly exclaimed something about, man! I wish Young Riders was on! He started laughing, and rummaged around in another room where he had hidden my birthday loot. AND PRESENTED ME WITH THE FIRST SEASON ON DVD.

When I told my mom about it, she cried, "Oh! You LOVED that show!!!!"

Kisses,
black sheeped

9 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

What awesome gifts!

8:24 AM, March 05, 2008  
Blogger Mommy Daisy said...

You have an awesome family...who are also very thoughtful. How cool.

8:28 AM, March 05, 2008  
Blogger Flibberty said...

Wow, those are some thoughtful, wonderful gifts.

I totally remember that show by they way.

8:36 AM, March 05, 2008  
Blogger Jess said...

The people in your life know you so well. And love you so much. As they should. I'm glad you got such great, thoughtful, perfect presents.

8:41 AM, March 05, 2008  
Blogger Fine For Now said...

Wow those gifts sound perfect for you! Please show us a picture of how you display the coasters!!

8:46 AM, March 05, 2008  
Blogger Pickles and Dimes said...

Such thoughtful gifts - those are both awesome!

9:35 AM, March 05, 2008  
Blogger Saly said...

Oh, the coasters are such a great idea!!!

9:42 AM, March 05, 2008  
Blogger Swistle said...

1) I want to see a photo of the coasters.

2) YOINK! I am stealing that basic idea (the idea of sneaking someone's own photos onto something).

9:10 PM, March 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember The Young Riders!! I loved it too =)!

11:08 PM, March 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com