baa baa black sheep

3.13.2008

Upcoming

This week has been sort of crazy. You know that week? The weeks that even includes one of those special moments when you cry in front of your bosses (uuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggh) (seriously, how ridiculous? UGH), and your uterus is going crazy, and you're annoyed that the robots are calling to ask if you'll possibly change your delegate vote, and also, HOW CAN BURT'S BEES BE SOLD AT WALMART? Actually, that happened last week, but I'll still reeling from it.

Also, from an ad I saw in a magazine for Burt's Bees. A totally sexed up cliche lame stupid ad of a woman's naked hips and torso (WHY IS THAT IMAGE STILL BEING USED, HUMANITY?), like ads you see in every stupid Cosmo and Glamour and why?

Why?

I don't blame the original Burt for moving back to his turkey coop.

The good news is, is that my cute sweet friend I left back west is coming to visit next week. I think the whole world will be on spring break (unfair, unfair) including my husband, and I wish I could also be, you know, OFF for this visit. But work is busy busy busy. And we'll have a couple of glorious evenings to catch up, and I'm excited.

I'm also excited that our dogs:



















and their dogs:




















are going to have the Most Awesome Doggie Wrestle-Mania Sleep-Over Extraordinaire 2008 EVER. It's true that I'm happy that there will be four dogs in my house, it's true. I'm happy there will be ridiculousness and romping and funny stiff dog tails while they meet, and probably a lot of mouth-breathing.

Last night I confessed to Artemisia that I transfer pet hair from home to my desk chair at work, and she said that happens to her too, and that she transfers it to the people she works with, and I was all, YES, ME TOO. I felt very very relieved that this happens to someone else. And I can't remember ever seeing pet hair on hair, because she always looks impeccable, so that gives me hope that I don't look quite as slovenly as I imagine I do.

This post is ridiculous.

In short: bad week, but friends are coming, with DOGS, doubling the dog content of this house for a few days, and I'm wearing a size smaller pants today. With PMS bloating!

Love,
black sheeped

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Doggy Fest 2008 brings nothing but huge clumps of hair, doggy gas and wagging tails. Enjoy!

7:56 AM, March 13, 2008  
Blogger Fine For Now said...

That sounds like it will be soo fun! Pictures, pictures, pictures!

7:58 AM, March 13, 2008  
Blogger Jess said...

Oooo I am so excited about this doggie/human sleepover extravaganza! There had better be many, many photos.

8:32 AM, March 13, 2008  
Blogger Pickles and Dimes said...

My favorite thing about pet hair is when I buy a brand-new article of clothing, have it in a plastic bag in my car, bring it into the house to show Jason, and it already has cat hair on it. How is that possible???

Have fun with Artemisia and the house o'dogs!

9:16 AM, March 13, 2008  
Blogger Melospiza said...

My favorite dog hair story is when I took my daughter to the ER and one of the ER nurses, making relax-the-baby conversation, said, "Ooh, do you have a black doggy?"

And it took me several minutes to figure out that this wasn't just a standard question, but was maybe related to the fact that her sleeper was COVERED with black dog hairs.

12:30 PM, March 13, 2008  
Blogger Saly said...

Yay for a house full of dogs!!!

I put on a sweatshirt and walked out the door this morning...didn't sit on the couch, didn't touch anything. I got to work to discover that the sweatshirt was covered in cat hair. BUT HOW??!!?? My cats' DNA is all over the country, thanks to traveling with me wherever I go.

12:45 PM, March 13, 2008  
Blogger artemisia said...

You are SO FREAKIN' sweet and I can't wait to see you and to meet Cab and for the dogs to just FALL IN LOVE.

WOO HOO!!!

2:59 PM, March 13, 2008  
Blogger Sarah said...

It's official: You are a far better, more generous human being than myself. Cause I would be all, "FOUR dogs in my house? Four SHEDDING dogs in my house?" And then cry and run away.
Yet I've been known to have upwards of five KIDS in my house at a time, so maybe we're just two different breeds of crazy!

4:11 PM, March 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com